Thursday, May 12, 2011

Second IWK visit!

     This actually happened April 8th, so my appologies, my time lines are all squwee, but I'll try and get them straight.


     The second appointment went well, all the things they were looking for (complications, abnormalities) haven't developed at this stage! They re-confirmed the location of the myelomeningocele (S2 level, really low), there's no sign of hydrocephali (fluid build up on the brain) and his legs, feet and spine are all straight. Some of these things might develop, which is fine, they're all treatable, but since they're not there now, we're focusing on being positive and having it stay that way. He moves around like crazy and kicks me constantly, so it takes longer to get pictures of him, but you're not going to hear me complain about that. They told us they don't want to see us for another 6 weeks, so I'm really going with that's a good sign. We took some time this time to visit with my Husbands sister and nieces, which was lovely! We got to the mall, I bought a new purse, and it was a much more pleasant trip than the last one. Mind you, that wouldn't have been difficult. We're past the finding out stage now, more in the planning, how are we going to manage things, and what's the game plan stage. We still don't have a game plan, but at least we can think about having one!

     My blood platelets have dropped significantly (low range of normal is 200-150, I'm 43), but they'll be able to treat for that right before I have him to bring them back up temporarily, so that should get me through delivery, and then they should come back up after on their own. The doctor decided it's just a re-occurrence of the ITP I had as a child, so that's a relief that we're not looking for anything else. It didn't kill me then, so I figure it won't kill me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment